Fitness Gear to Pack When You're Traveling: Top Picks!
When you’re traveling, it’s tough to maintain your fitness. From business trips to family vacations; being away from your home gym tends to put a strain on your regular workout regimen. And though some hotels offer top-notch fitness centers, not all do.
Luckily, The Female Beast is here :) to provide you with the top gear selection! Sure, you might want to tone your quads, but you can’t fit a leg press into your suitcase. So pack a yoga mat for muscle-building bodyweight exercises— or substitute your normal bench press reps with resistance band exercises.
To make it easy for you, I've put together a list of the best travel workout gear— no gym required. Obviously, if you packed all 10 of these on-the-go essentials, you wouldn’t even have room for a toothbrush. So pick and choose wisely—focus on what works for you!
- Resistance Bands- wide selection of colors. Check where you buy them from for level of resistance for each color- $13.00 @ naturalfitnessinc.com
- Jump Rope- Purchase basically anywheres. Some do come with added weight options too for more intense jumping
- Push-Up Bars- makes body weight push ups and dips just a snidge harder ;)
- Plyo Loops- Black colored (the toughest one) resistant band- works the glutes like no other
- Muscle Massager- helps roll out those knots and soreness
- Trx Suspension Kit - really cool and easy to hook up anywheres
- Exercise Mat/Yoga Mat
- Speed Ladder/Jacobs Lader
- Gliding Disks- Will make any single leg movement harder
- Hydro Medicine Ball- Fill it up as much or as little to create the weight you desire. Then dump it out when your done :)